Saturday, November 11, 2017

Notes - Saturday

Let me get this all out here because tonight it will be impossible for me to say this aloud.

Back in August, I was ready to throw in the towel. Between recuperating from a recent surgery, jumping into school and a myriad of other personal and professional things, seeing this show from auditions to production run was an almost impossible mountain to climb. And Shrek of all shows? What the ---- was I thinking? "Ambitious" was a word I heard over and over. Um, ya think?

Challenges from the onset - rehearsal space, performance venue, meager budget. Then, rehearsing in what felt like subzero conditions a week before tech!

And then there's you.

You freakishly talented people. You energetic, accepting, amazing group of people. Every rehearsal filled my soul with hope. Your enthusiasm was contagious and your positivity was never-failing. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU made this story the gorgeous, hilarious, vibrant, entertaining show what it is. A success.

"Human kindness is overflowing...."

Theatre = family. Thank you for blessing my life these past 76 days. I love every single one of you.

-Alyssa


No comments:

Post a Comment